First off, let me invite each and every one of you to join Mamavation TV tonight as we act like teenagers and are joined by Corinne Dobbas, MS, RD, a leading nutrition counselor, writer, and speaker and trusted nutrition source for the media. She will be talking with us about plateaus and how to overcome them.
Last week, I was sick and absolutely fell off every wagon I was close to. I didn’t get to the gym (because I couldn’t breathe) and I didn’t even attempt to eat right. This week, I’m back in the land of the living and it’s time to stop making excuses and get back on the weight loss wagon.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day – This has been an area I’ve always struggled in. It’s not hard, it just takes some work for me since I like soda so much more than water (ha!).
- Get to the gym at least 3 times this week – My hubby will be joining me Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so I should be okay on this one. I want to get there even more, but I’ll set my goals realistically.
- Run the Social Fabric 5K on May 11th and the Race for the Cure 5K on May 12th (!!!).
- Sickness – I’m still not 100% but I’m getting there. It’s just a cold and allergies, so hopefully I’ll be able to fight through it. I tend to make excuses when I’m even the slightest bit under the weather and that’s not acceptable.
- Myself – I tend to self-sabotage. It’s what I do. I’ve got to get out of my own head and just stop it.
I’m not claiming any triumphs this week. I did everything in my power to put myself off track and I don’t feel good about any of my choices in the past week.
Starting Weight: 176.2 lbs
Current Weight: 161.6 lbs
Weekly Loss: +3.6 lbs
Total Loss: 14.6 lbs
Goal Weight: 154 lbs
You’re seeing that right. I gained 3.6 pounds last week. I’m not proud of it, but if I don’t put it out there and admit it, I’ll never fix it. I ate everything I could get my hands on while I was sick and this is what happens. I’m going to admit it, move on and make an insane effort this week to drop all of those pounds before my next weigh-in.
I’m really hopeful, I feel like I’m making some serious progress in general despite my failings this week. So far I’m down over 14 pounds which is great, and it’s been a mostly healthy road. The goal is in site, but with my gain it’s going to be doubly difficult. I’m staying more motivated than I ever have been before though, and I think amazing things are going to happen going forward. I’m exercising more, and just got back from a run this afternoon. I feel great, and I can just feel me losing the pounds that I put on last week.
What are your biggest weight loss challenges?